| ← Plastic Bag Recycling
TRASH SERVICES ANNOUNCEMENT 11/8!!!
November 8, 2018
November 8, 2018
As a result of new information that came to light recently, the Monclova Township Board of Trustees has chosen to retain Republic Services as the vendor for trash and recycling for the next five-year contract. This is a reversal of the announcement made in September. Based on factual information, we owed it to the citizens of Monclova Township to re-visit our decision.
The Ohio Revised Code allows the Lucas County Solid Waste Management District and Monclova Township to negotiate contracts for refuse/recycling collection. This is NOT a bid process. Again, based on the new information it was in the best interest of our residents and the township’s trash and recycling objectives to amend our original decision.
Significant points we would like you to be aware of:
1) The user fee announced in September will not change. It remains at $49.44 per half for five years.
2) Trash will be collected every Wednesday, you will not need to adapt to a new schedule.
3) Every other week Curbside Recycling, also on Wednesdays, will be available to all as part of the contract. Participation is optional but the user fee will be the same regardless of your decision on recycling.
4) This schedule will help preserve the integrity of township and county roads.
5) Republic Services has agreed to maintain a dedicated local number for customer service calls.
Any resident who may have returned their toter prior to leaving Northwest Ohio for a seasonal break will be given a replacement toter upon return.
Details will be forthcoming for arrangements of the recycling toter for those who do not currently have one.
We anticipate weekly service of trash collection and every-other-week recycling to commence in December. More details will be given in the very near future. Call takers for Republic Services or Monclova Township will not be able to give any further details than what is outlined above. The Board of Trustees have taken thoughtful care in the decision-making process as we move towards these improved services. Thank you for your patience while final details are determined.
← Plastic Bag Recycling
Comments are closed.